Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another busy day at the Zoo.

The past couple of days Drew and his friend has been working on the air conditioner in Megs car. The car is not so great to look at but it gets amazing gas mileage. Nowadays that is really important when gas is $2.65 a gallon. But the air is broke and driving it is awful; you will start sweating just looking at that car. Since I don't do sweating I don't drive it.

Today it finally dried out enough so that I can mow the grass. I got a huge blister while mowing so I need some better grass cutting shoes. Just before I started mowing I received a call from a friend of mine telling me that her husbands company is going under. This company was a multi million dollar company just a couple of years ago. This is the second time I heard this same story different friend this week. I can't believe the state of this economy. It seems that everyone I know has been affected one way or another. It is so sad.
Which makes me feel really good that Drew got another job today. Devin, I don't need to worry about; he is a cop so there is always someone making stupid choices. But Drew's back ground is construction. Its what he went to school for so he would really like to stay in his field. He applied a couple of weeks ago and received a call yesterday that he got the job and could start today. This call was a real surprise because he was told at the time of his interview that they were not hiring. So tonight we had to open a bottle of champagne and just celebrate getting a job during these really hard times. I on the other hand did not have any champagne because it gives me an extreme headache or will put me to sleep in no time. Goosh I am such a partier.
The days ended so beautifully; Devin and Heather dropped off the princess to spend the weekend with us. They are going on a float trip.
Off to bed; next few days will be busy here at the zoo.

Many Blessings,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment