Monday, May 30, 2011

Beautiful Weekend!

D and I had a wonderful weekend. We really needed some time to sit back and relax and enjoy some down time. This weekend my beautiful auntie L planned a family reunion of her siblings and their families. Her siblings include my father and their brother J from Colorado. I love family reunions. As you know D and I host his family reunion at our house every year. It is so wonderful to keep in touch with family. My uncle J and his family have lived in Colorado since I was a little girl. Now his kids are grown and have grand kids of their own. The memories flood back while spending time with them this weekend. I had several opportunities to just sit back and look at them all. See how much my dad looks just like his dad. My uncle J sure does resemble my grandma; his mother. My beautiful niece Emmie; well there are no words. She is just so beautiful. She looks just like my sister. I so enjoyed visiting with her. She is getting so big. Off to middle school for her this fall. Such a big moment in one's life.
This would be a good place to insert photo's if one was smart enough to do so. But at the moment I am not sure where my camera is.
But back to family. This seems to be the season for family reunions. I hope that if you are blessed enough to have one then go. Don't worry about a thing. There are crazy ones at these things but look past that. Look past the ones that think they know it all. The ones that don't have a clue as to the person that you really are and have a wonderful time. Enjoy all the beautiful babies. Count all your blessings because when you have a big family there are many blessings to be counted. Each family unit has a blessing to be told. And if you are really open to Gods grace then don't judge the choices of others. They have a story too.

Many Blessings,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment