Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend fun!

D and I had so much fun this weekend. On Saturday we had all the kids here for D's birthday. The zoo was full with kids and D and I really enjoy that. It seems that over the last couple of years we have added to our zoo family with friends that have become family. So we started the weekend with birthday celebrations. It was also Amanda's (adopted family) birthday as well. So celebrate we did.
D fried up some frog legs and fish. Us girls filled in with yummy side dishes. Thank goodness it was a little cool because we wanted a bonfire Saturday night. The kids had roasted marshmallows and the adults had adult beverages while we enjoyed the fire. I failed to get any pictures. I was so busy with all the fun I never got my camera out.
Sunday D and I spent the day together; we again had a great time of shopping and BBQ ribs and a movie. Monday the kids invited D and I to Deanna Rose Farmstead. This is a farm that is part of a Parks department in a neighboring state. The kids had so much fun with all the animals.

The guy in the top picture with all of us is another friend of Drew's; his name is Tyler. He started coming to the zoo in the spring and never left. Started calling me mom about a month ago. Another adopted family member. I am up to four boys and one girl. Life is good! D and I always wanted a big family.
Another picture above where Amanda is looking up; we are in an old school house. The ceiling was beautiful with old tile. She is admiring the tile work.
The kids had so much fun feeding the goats; fishing and riding a horse drawn carriage. We will be returning to this farm next month for their Halloween Festival. Can't wait!
No it is Monday morning. Time to clean the zoo.
Many Blessings,
Heidi







No comments:

Post a Comment