Sunday, January 23, 2011

Just taking one day at a time.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have updated. I am here; not well but here.
Right after my last post I had a doctors appointment for a check up. I have not been feeling well for a couple of months but couldn't put my finger on what the problem was. The doctor did an extensive blood work up and called me the next afternoon to tell me the news. It appears that my thyroid has stopped working. Great; just what I wanted to hear. This is why I have been experiencing extreme fatigue and not able to loose any weight.
He started me on a medication a few days later. He said that getting the right medication is often difficult and that I will need to be closely watched. On the day I started my meds I got a nursing job. So excited to start my new career but not while I am dealing with these health issues. So needless to say this past week has been very hard for me. My job turns out to be very physical. Not a bad thing but when you have been sitting on your bottom for the past year and a half it is taking a toll on my body. I have muscle pain in areas that I didn't know there were muscles. Because of the thyroid issue and the new job I am a mess. I go to work and then come home and go to bed. I was told it will take weeks to get my medication to where it needs to be.
Thank God I have a husband that is so understanding.

Many Blessings,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment