Friday, March 5, 2010

Feels Like Spring!

Today it was in the upper 50's almost 60 degrees. I could feel spring in the air. The sun was shinning and I couldn't help but be outside. So what did I do today; went shopping of course. Meg and I went to a couple of children consignment shops. We bought many Gap clothes for Drake and Brennon at unbelievable prices. Many still had the original price tags on them. Gotta love that!


With Easter just around the corner I picked up a few things for the kids Easter baskets. Sidewalk chalk; bubbles and candy. It is so fun to shop for the babies. I can't wait for Easter. I love family Holiday's.


Last night D and I went to Devin and Heathers to see her on her birthday. It turned out to be the best birthday she has ever had; she received a call from her mother wishing her a happy birthday. She hasn't spoken to her in 3 years. I was so excited for her. I know that she has prayed for a relationship with her mom. Doesn't everyone want that. One that is healthy and not controlled. I know there are two sides to every story. I know that so many times there are small misunderstandings that go on for far to long. But there are also parent child relationships that are just not healthy. And in those cases you have to make the tough decision to pull away in order to live your own life. When the love that you have from your mom is so conditional that it becomes unhealthy then you have to do what is best for yourself.
Ummm am I still talking about Heather and her mom or have I went to far and discussed my own?

Blessings to you all,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment