Thursday, May 27, 2010

Great Aunt!

Today I had plans to do some spring cleaning before the weekend. But at about 5:00 am I received a phone call from my oldest son (the one that is up all night catching bad guys) that my Nephew and his wife went into labor and they are doing an emergency c-section within 45 min. So I jumped up and headed to hospital. I did put my face on though so I wouldn't scare anyone.
We have been so worried about this pregnancy because we knew early that she would have some complication do to the fact that her intestines were on the outside of her body. Surgery would be needed immediately after she was born.

At 5:48 am Eva Paige was born weighing 3 lb 14 oz and only 15 inches long. Surgery was performed shortly after her birth and she did just beautiful. Mom and baby Eva are doing great tonight.
Eva will remain in the hospital for about 6 weeks. She has a lot of healing to do; as well as a few pounds to gain.
So on this date I became a great aunt for the first time. It is as awesome as being a granny.


Many Blessings to Gabe, Adrianne and their beautiful baby girl.

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment